I hold multiple roles spanning the academic, policy and commercial worlds:
- Visiting Lecturer, Imperial College Business School.
- Specialist Adviser to the Culture, Media and Sport Committee of the House of Commons.
- Senior Consultant to the European Competition Practice of Charles River Associates, London.
- Academic Panel Member, Competition and Markets Authority, London.
- Member, Centre for Competition and Regulatory Policy, City University London.
I am an economist specialising in the
economics of media and communications industries, competition policy and regulation.
I advise on various competition and regulatory issues, especially in the
telecoms and media sectors, and write papers on academic and policy-related topics. At Imperial I teach a course on Digital Economics and Digital Strategy.
I was previously Chief Economist at UK
communications regulator Ofcom and Principal case handler at Lexecon
Ltd. (now Charles River Associates) and have held academic positions at the Universities of Oxford, Cambridge, Warwick and Essex.
I have acted as an adviser to the
UK Competition Commission, Irish
Competition Authority, Irish communications regulator ComReg and Orange
UK (now EE), and an expert witness
in competition and merger proceedings. I provide occasional training
for regulators and competition authorities.